How to Connect Your Fitness App
Your fundraising page includes your personal distance tally, so you can track your distance towards your target.
If you track your fitness activity with Fitbit or Strava your distances will automatically add to your tally.
Follow these steps to track your kilometres automatically:
- Download the Fitbit, Strava or MapMyFitness and set up your account
- Log in to your MyMarathon account.
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred fitness app’, click your chosen app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your account.
- When you’re about to start your next run or walk, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
When using Fitbit, you must ‘start’ an activity and save it. Your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
When using MapMyFitness, you must ‘start’ your workout, ‘stop’ your workout and then ‘save’ your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
The number of kilometreswill now appear on your fundraising page!
How to Log Your KMs Manually
You can manually add your kilometres to the tally in your ‘My Fitness Activity’ tab of your profile after registering. This is a great option if you’re using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your distances.
Follow these steps to manually add your kilometres:
- Log in to your account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’
- Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance