How to Connect Your Fitness App
Your fundraising page includes your personal distance tally, so you can track your distance towards your target.
If you track your fitness activity with Fitbit, MapMyFitness, Garmin or Strava your distances will automatically add to your tally.
- Download the Fitbit, Strava, Garmin or MapMyFitness app and set up your account
- Log in to your MyMarathon account.
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred fitness app’, click your chosen app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your account.
- When you’re about to start your next run or walk, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
- Fitbit: You must start an activity and save it. If no activity is logged, then your cumulative activity will sync at the end of the day. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
- MapMyFitness: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Strava: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Garmin: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
The number of kilometres will now appear on your fundraising page!
How to Log Your KMs Manually
You can log your kilometres in two ways:
1. Link your fundraising page to a fitness tracker or app:
- Download the FitBit, mapmyfitness, Garmin or Strava app on your smartphone. After creating an account with your preferred app, login to your MyMarathon account and head to the ‘My Fitness Activity’ tab to connect to your fitness app.
- Please allow 24 hours for your activity to show up on your fundraising page.
2. Log your kilometres manually
- Log in to your online fundraising page and head to the ‘My Fitness Activity’ to record your activity.